Old 02-05-2007, 07:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
how how is offline

Default Orange tree dying

wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
The leaves become yellow before they drop. I see no obvious signs of
pests, such as
discoloration. The tree is trying to put out new shoots, but those
leaves yellow and fall before too long.
snip
The tree is mulched with pine needles, as it has been for years.
It has been dry this spring, and I have been watering about 1 - 2
times per week. The tree handled dry spells before without any
problems.

Hi,
I would suspect foot rot. Lose the mulch and stop the extra watering.
Prognosis not good but copper fungicide as a drench might help. A call to
the local extension service is advisable.
HTH -_- how

--
no NEWS is good