Old 02-05-2007, 12:12 PM posted to rec.woodworking,free.uk.diy.home,uk.rec.gardening
Geoff[_6_] Geoff[_6_] is offline

Default Teak Oil recommendation

"JWBH" wrote in message
Have just got a wooden garden table. I'm told I need to put Teak Oil on
it. Can anyone recommend a good reasonably price brand please? Thanks

I doubt if there's anything really special about teak oil - certainly not
from a teak tree - so it's probably linseed or some such oil in a different
bottle! I reckon you would be better off using a colourless beeswax based
polish such as Briwax I think it's named. I expect you'll not oil/wax the
chairs so why bother anyway? Buy a plastic cover and some long bungy
rubbers!

Geoff