Old 02-05-2007, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Growing Grasses

In article ,
Kay Lancaster wrote:

Redwoods do ok here, but they don't flourish. But
I probably can match you banana slug for banana slug.

I'm just going to let my jaw hang here for a little while longer.

I mean, like, WOW and, SHAZAAM!!! I'm going to be picking-up pieces of
my mind for the next month.

I prostrate myself before your knowledge, oh master. Do you charge much
to let mortals worship at your feet?

Thank you, seems so insufficient.

It's hard to segue into something juvenile, after standing on the
mountain top, but my public expects it. Your only young once but, you
can be immature forever, ya know?

The redwoods extend from Monterey, California to southern Oregon. It
provides the perfect breeding grounds for that 9 inch, black and kaki,
wonder of the western world, THE BANANA SLUG. A gardener can't really
stomp one of these critters because you end up with leaves and pine
needles glued to the bottom of your boot for the next couple of days.
Our brightest minds pondered on the question of how to rid ourselves of
these pesky critters and a plan was devised. The cultural center of the
Russian River (soon to be Russian Creek) is Guerneville (A.k.a. Stump
Town [when it wasn't under water, {which it used to be at least once a
year} then it was called a flood but, that's another story] because that
was all that was left once the loggers had finished their labors.) holds
a yearly celebration of this magnificent gastropod call "Slug Fest". The
high light of this intellectual exposition, catered by local breweries
and wineries, is (hang on to your breakfast) a slug cook-off. The "best"
recipe wins.

Personally, I hide until all those pre-verts are outta town.

Strangely, this deviant behavior seems to be spreading. You Danish
speakers might enjoy
http://www.dr.dk/Regioner/Bornholm/T...1117111142.htm
mono-linguists can go to the English speaking sites that are listed.

Well, it was nice being on Mount Olympus but now I'm safely back to my
ol' familiar neighborhood.

Thank you again dear lady,

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)