Old 02-05-2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Paph/Light Question

"Steve" wrote in message
news
K Barrett wrote:
....................................I have some strap leaf paphs (like
lowii, roths hybrids, and spicerianum that I've grown hung high in the
GH, but right now they are on the bench with the catts. The parvis I
grow dimmer. Remember to repot paphs more frequently, too. I fail on
that account. Its been years since I repotted.

Ugg, me too. I have quite a few Paphs that really need to be repotted but
I never find the time.
Good advice on the light too. My Roth hybrids get more light than most of
the Catts and are growing well.

Steve

I started repotting last month and can see a difference in the growth of my
orchids. The catasetums (usually repotted annually but sometimes I miss)
are putting out great roots. And the Catts! Well, some have double leads.
That is to say both 'eyes' are sprouting. I've never had that happen
before. I usually get 1 eye to grow, not both. I guess timing is
everything. Get them when the start to root and (dare I say it) feed and
water the things, LOL!! Heck even some of my vandaceous are growing new
roots. Guess I'll be continuing to pot this weekend. I'd better hurry,
stuff is growing fast around here.

K Barrett