Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.woodworking,free.uk.diy.home,uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] pat_edfischer@msn.com is offline

Default Teak Oil recommendation

On May 2, 8:56 am, Sacha wrote:
On 2/5/07 13:10, in article
om, "RayV"

wrote:
On May 2, 4:46 am, "JWBH" wrote:
Have just got a wooden garden table. I'm told I need to put Teak Oil on it.
Can anyone recommend a good reasonably price brand please? Thanks

Don't know but we have a few Teak benches at work and the maintenance
guy was just 'teak-oiling' them and it smelled just like Linseed Oil
to me.

I'd recommend Danish Oil - lots of yotties use it for teak decking and it's
excellent.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

teak I posted the following:

I recently made some teak parts for my daughter's boat and did a
search on how to finish. Came accross this product Teakguard, Teak
Maintenance Kit (TGK016) at http://www.MarineStore.com. Says that you
only need to do once a year so gave it a try. Looks good now but have
no idea as to long
term results.

I understand that the problem with most outdoor type finishes is that
barrier type such as spar varnish succumb to the expansion and
contraction due to temp changes and crack and peel off and in general
oil type finishes do not protect against UV rays and wood greys.
Still to soon to comment on the stuff I used but the sales lit looks
good.

Ed