Old 02-05-2007, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Cutting through paving to plant climbers

'Mike' wrote:
"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
ups.com...

snipped

Hi Martin

We have this as well and what I have done is to lift the complete
paving slab, cut it in half using a Lump Hammer and Cold Chisel, then
replacing the half slab. This leaves open ground to the tune of half
a slab for planting and watering.

If you have two places to do, then one slab cut in half will serve
both places and you have a slab spare :-))

Cutting a slab in two is not as frightening as it sounds and I am
more than willing to give advice as it's a case of 'been there, done
that .... etc etc etc '

Mike

I'd agree with Mike. But I'd add......get a cheap 6" angle grinder
(Argos/B&Q). Cut a line across the slab to about half an inch, and tap with
a lump hammer. Much cleaner edge. That's what I did, then found lots of
other uses for the grinder
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK