Old 02-05-2007, 08:53 PM posted to rec.woodworking,free.uk.diy.home,uk.rec.gardening

Default Teak Oil recommendation

JWBH wrote:

Have just got a wooden garden table. I'm told I need to put Teak Oil on it.
Can anyone recommend a good reasonably price brand please? Thanks

So-called "teak oil" is a sales gimmick. It's just an oil/varnish mix like
many others. Probably linseed oil but could be tung oil.

Try Watco Outdoor (or was it Exterior?) Finish. UV protection and easily
refinished as needed (every year or two). Just don't believe the square feet
covered that's specified on the can (DAMHIKT).

--
It's turtles, all the way down