Old 02-05-2007, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default new planter but what to put in it?

On 2 May, 16:57, "Dwayne & Angela"
wrote:
accepted, think no more about it but i could still do with some plant ideas
was thinking of clematis (which is about the only plant i have had any
success with) but do you get dwarf varieties?

I was at Harrogate Flower Show last saturday and there was a lovely
presentation with dwarf clematis on wooden frame forming a ball on top
of a pot. It's not my thing at all, but I thought it very ingenious.
The clematis they used was the Bourbon, deep red and quite adorable.
Also there was another which I really liked, the Pixie, almost green
flowers - very fresh.