Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Spragg Andy Spragg is offline

Default Purple primula perfidy

A couple of weeks ago, I planted two primulas in a border in the front
garden - one yellow, one purple. Each had ten or so flower heads when I
planted them out. Next day, the yellow one was intact and the purple one
had had every flower head removed and scattered around it. Since then, the
yellow one has thrived, but the purple one is getting its flower heads
removed as fast as it can make them. I'm baffled, and can only assume that
one of the birds that lives in the adjacent hedge has a thing about the
colour purple. Has anyone else ever had an experience like this?

Andy

--
spargeatbtinternetdotcom

No man is an island,