Old 28-03-2003, 09:20 PM
zxcvbob

Default pvc irrigation ?

Dwayne wrote:

Putting a lot of holes in your PVC will just lower the water pressure so you
don't get much water to the plants, and then it wont be evenly. I have used
your idea to water trees, but found that if the water pump isn't really
strong, you will get water out of the first 20 holes, and cant even get it
to the end of the pipe. If you have a very strong pump, it will work
alright for trees, but will dig holes in the dirt if you use it for other
plants.

Oh no, here we go again. Whenever the discussion reaches this juncture,
the thread takes on a life of its own, and the arguments go on and on for
weeks.

Your problem was, you were operating at too high a pressure instead of too
low. At very low pressure, the flow rate approaches zero, the amount of
water lost at each emmiter becomes insignificant, and the amount of water
dripping out of each hole from end-to-end of the pipe is approximately
equal.

Best regards,
Bob