Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.woodworking,free.uk.diy.home,uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] pat_edfischer@msn.com is offline

Default Teak Oil recommendation

On May 2, 9:38 am, "Java Jive" wrote:
I wonder how many of these teak products come from renewable, managed timber
sources and how many from illegal logging of the earth's rainforests ...

wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 2, 8:56 am, Sacha wrote:
On 2/5/07 13:10, in article
om, "RayV"

wrote:
On May 2, 4:46 am, "JWBH" wrote:
Have just got a wooden garden table. I'm told I need to put Teak Oil

on it.
Can anyone recommend a good reasonably price brand please? Thanks

Don't know but we have a few Teak benches at work and the maintenance
guy was just 'teak-oiling' them and it smelled just like Linseed Oil
to me.

I'd recommend Danish Oil - lots of yotties use it for teak decking and

it's
excellent.

I recently made some teak parts for my daughter's boat and did a
search on how to finish. Came accross this product Teakguard, Teak
Maintenance Kit (TGK016) athttp://www.MarineStore.com.- Hide quoted text -

Teak Oil is a product based on on tung oil and polymers not teak trees
so obviously it does not come from "...renewable, managed timber
sources.."