Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default What ate my seedling?

I grow tomatoe plants in my crawl space under lights. This year, I had a good
germination ratio and the little plants were pushing up into the plastic
covers. I decided it was time to take off the covers. Bad move. I went down
to the crawl
this week to discover that most of the seedlings had their two little leave
chewed off.
The trays are on the ground, so either a mouse or insect did the deed. I have a

mouse trap set, and needless to say have replanted the seedlings with the covers

back on. This never happened before, so I am now on notice. Wondering if the
little shoots without the top leaves will survive? I added some new seeds, just
in
case they don't.

Sherwin D.