Old 03-05-2007, 04:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Best way to pot water lillies?

I just got two new ones from walmart today, hoping to decrease the amount of
sunlight in the water again.

They came enclosed in plastic "ham" like mesh bag, which was filled with the
same brown mat type mulch/fibers that plant hanger include. they also had
some rocks in the bag as well, to weigh the plant down.

Seems this much be the best way to plant new lilies or one that we've split.
it keeps the roots away from the fish for some time, doesn't restrict the
plant's growth at all, and it also comes with a string and a floating fake
lily so you can pull them back up easily, or at least locate where they are
planted.

I'm pretty happy with the way they sell these, and the practical packaging.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)