Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
bungadora bungadora is offline

Default Pro-Mix

On May 2, 8:41 pm, "AlanG" wrote:
Does anyone here use Pro-Mix as a general purpose potting soil for container
plants (annuals, houseplants)?

Two garden centers in my area swear by it, but when either dry or wet the
consistency doesn't seem right for a wide range of plants.

I've got a bale of the stuff sitting out in the back yard which I am
intending to use for a raised bed - but also because I have some fern
spores which require a soilless mix for sprouting and I'm using it
straight for that project. As for the raised bed, I was advised when I
bought it to mix it at a ratio of 1:3 Promix to compost.
Dora