Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default House Advances Ammonium Nitrate Bill

On May 2, 6:12 pm, Moe ""\"\"\"@ maple.net wrote:
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/85/i19/8519news1.html

Absolute idocy.
Imagine the lines to register for lawn fertilizer on a spring Saturday.

The police state mentality has got to go.

Yeah, I doubt that from a practical standpoint it would do much good.
Someone determined to buy it will just find a way around it. What
happened at Virginia Tech is a good example. There are already
plenty of laws that say someone who has a psychiatric history isn't
allowed to buy a gun. But, less than half the states report an
involuntary commital to the FBI database. Why? One big reason is the
same folks who want to pass laws like this also say it's a violation
of a mental patients rights to report such data. I guess in someone
folks screwed up heads they can reconcile all this and it makes sense,
but not to me.

Another example of this mentality. Here in NJ the new fad is for
local communities to pass laws requiring beer kegs to have non-
removable ID tags and for the person buying one to have to present
identification, give personal info, and sign a log book. Why?
Theory is it's going to help curb underage drinking. And the
penalty? If you're caught with an unregistered keg, $2000 fine and/or
30 days in jail. Can you believe the stupidity?