Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Merryb Merryb is offline

Default growing fennel?

On May 2, 3:57 pm, "Lynn Coffelt" wrote:
No greenthumb here, but am trying to grow a little fennel (bulb type)
here in
Northwest Washington State, Zone 5. I've got a few fragile seedlings started
in the greenhouse, and now hardening off in the seed trays outside during
the day.
Any advice or online guide that look good? I've googled a little
without too
much luck.
I could grow them in the greenhouse if absolutely necessary, but it is
so small
and I guess these things get fairly large. Although zone 5 here, I am
beginning to
think that most of zone 5 is a few degrees warmer than here on the average.
Thanks for any response!
Old Chief Lynn

I would like to dig mine up and get rid of them! I'm in the Tacoma
area if you are interested.