Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
brian mitchell brian mitchell is offline

Default oil tank for water storage

John McMillan wrote:

In article ,
brian mitchell wrote:

As a secondary question, is this heating oil the same stuff as paraffin?
Could I use it in a wick-burning paraffin heater?

I should think it would be fine. Run it through a tea strainer to get
the lumps out and make sure there isn't water in it. I'd be less
happy about using it in a pressure paraffin burner.
It might fume worse than normal paraffin so don't use it for heating the
kids bedroom. I assume you're using for a greenhouse.

Actually, for spot heating in the house, mostly bathroom. But I'm a
child of the 50's, raised in crowded fuggy bedsits in Old London Town,
and paraffin fumes are like the breath of life to me!

Brian MItchell