Old 28-03-2003, 09:44 PM
SugarChile

Default Question about types of mulch

Instead of landscape cloth, use overlapping layers of newspaper, covered
with bark mulch. The combination will smother the grass, and it will break
down and enrich the soil over time.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"spampot" wrote in message
We have heavy rocky clay soil, but a well-established lawn. I plan to
divide some of my clumps of daffodils into grassy areas and am wondering
about surrounding the daffs w/some kind of mulch that will keep down
grass and weeds and eventually break down and nourish the soil. Any
suggestions? Ripping out this grass is very hard so i'd rather just
smother it. would landscaping cloth under the mulch between the daffs
be a good idea?

TIA.