Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Using Plants To Make Us Happier

"Hippie Chick" wrote in message
If we fill our time taking care of plants we can get rid of stress, it
is a scientifically proved thing.

One of my favourite gardening writers (Jackie French - an Australian) had a
very tough, poverty stricken time at one stage of her early adult life. She
has written that at that time she decided that if she had all the flowers
she could possibly pick with whcih to fill the house, then she would never
feel poor. That thought has always stayed with me as it is so simple but
rings true to me.