Old 04-05-2007, 05:40 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default A long branch - what to do with it

wrote:
I have a recenty bought bonsai (Chinese Elm, c. 6 years old) which as
well as the normal crown has this year grown a single very long branch
(well, okay, it isn't exactly fat enough to be called a branch yet,
but still), which reaches to the floor. I suppose the normal thing to
do would be to remove it when pruning to shape? Is there anything more
imginative I could do with it instead? I know, it is difficult to tell
without seeing it, and I haven't seen any style in which such a single
branch would fit, I'm just wondering if anyone with more ideas and
experience than me wants to make some suggestions before I attack it
with pruning shears :-)

Could you post a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens ?

~Semper Fi~