Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 AM posted to rec.ponds
how how is offline

Default Several pond-related questions

"WCJ" wrote in message
link.net...

1) My mom's pond (pre-fab, perhaps 50 gallons) has a severe problem with
string algae. snips 2) Does pottery need to be treated somehow before
incorporating it into a pond snip 3) I have an old wheelbarrow I'm
toying with the idea of turning into a small pond. Would lining it with
heavy-duty plastic trash bags be sufficient, or should I buy actual pond
liner for it?

Hi,
1) String algae in a 50 gallon pond is an easy fix. Get a toilet brush or
something similar and remove most or it. String algae will aid in water
clarity so leave some. Any fish in this pond?
2) Pottery does not need to be treated but it will get covered with algae of
one sort or another.
3) The wheelbarrow can be water-proofed with one of the liquid liners, ie:
CIM or one from Hecht rubber. These work great but are a little pricey.
Trash bags will be very temporary. I would use 45 mil rubber liner and DIG
a hole unless the wheelbarrow is part of the look you want.
HTH -_- how
--
no NEWS is good