Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Bee dieoff

Charlie wrote in :

On 2 May 2007 11:06:47 -0700, "
wrote:

I have been hearing about how commerical bee people have lost a lot of
their hives. Many of these hives are transported for pollination. What
was I was wondering is if these dieoff affects "local native" bees
that are not part of commerical operations. I remember in my area a
number of years ago there was a problem with the death of large
numbers of bees, and I seemed to have fewer tomatoes, and it also
affected my neighbors.
Has anyone any thoughts about this?

Thanks

Tom

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/03/952/

Few, if any commercial operations in my area, and I have seen damn few
honeybees in my garden for the last three years.

This begs the questions: Have we become too dependant upon commercial
and wild honeybees? Have we infected the native populations with our
selective overuse of kept colonies? Have we killed off the many other
pollinators with the widespread use of pesticides? What about GM
crops? Are these affecting both commercial hives, wild colonies and
the myriad of other pollinators? what about the road pollution and
stress hives suffer whilst being transported?

What about the theories that cell and microwave radiation is
disorienting the bees?

The problem is us, we caused it, but how? Rest assured the blame will
be laid upon something other than us.

Doesn't matter who is to blame, we better get our s**t together and
stop crapping in our own nest.

.....or maybe it's just too damn late and our own greed has finally
killed us.

Charlie

Well, while everyone is having a hard time sleeping, anyway, here's some
more fun:

http://www.indybay.org/news/2006/05/1819327.php

Effects of EMFs on Birds, Bees, Bat-Rays, Butterflies & Buzzards

Microwaves and Insects
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1448681/

Effects of EMFs on Birds, Bees, Bat-Rays, Butterflies & Buzzards
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1369852/

Mobile phones blamed for sparrow deaths
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1370183/

Evidence of a conection between Sparrow decline and the introduction of
Phone mast GSM
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1369577/

The sparrows of London
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1368310/

Bird on a wire theory needs closer look in disease watch
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1158189/

Where have all the sparrows gone?
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1147135/

Pulsed microwave radiation and wildlife - Are Cell Phones Wiping Out
Sparrows?
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/926007/

Spanish paper on RF effects on birds
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/904106/

Birds suffer from biological effects of GSM, 3G (UMTS), DECT, WIFI, TETRA
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/900299/

Adverse Bioeffects on Animals near a New Zealand Radio Transmitter
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/432402/

Mobile phone mast blamed for vanishing pigeons
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/286416/