Old 28-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Chris McMillan

Default [IBC] Worse than Mallsai?

In message 008c01c2f4c0$326a9860$e1101ad8@choose, Lynn Boyd
writes
I trust you spoke to the person who organized this folly

without sounding too
enraged.

Not yet. That's why I was soliciting advice here.

----------------------------

John,

Can you have a club you belong to put up a small exhibit
in the school and offer a talk to the students?

I don't know about education in the US very much, but in the UK
education is all about 'topics' or 'modules', bonsai could make a very
good subject covering a multitude of areas I would think. And I know
(having done it) that upper primary/lower middle school age are very
pleased to have speakers in from outside.

May schools over here don't have areas of garden anyway so indoor bonsai
could be a seller if handled correctly. Since one is not able to take
home the 'school pet' these days (infant classes often used to take home
the class guinea pig or gerbil in days gone by apparently), perhaps
bonsai plant taking home would be another way of teaching care? As a
mum this sounds quite a winner for those children who are naturally keen
on plants.

Sincerely, Chris
--
Chris McMillan