Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
greg greg is offline

Default More stupid questions - crabapple tree

Hello,

More stupid questions from a completely novice gardener.
We planted a crab apple about a month ago and are not really sure if
it is OK.

A lot of the leaves are crinkly and quite yellow - is it poorly (maybe
over / underwatering? - I've been giving it some water from a watering
can every 3-5 days since we've had no rain recently), or could they
just be the newer leaves coming out?

And how do you tell the difference between overwatering and
underwatering anyway?

Thanks