Old 04-05-2007, 12:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bindi Bindi is offline

Default Help preparing for Winter.

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 May 2007 08:35:12 CST, "Bindi" wrote:

I will try some little bits of bread sometimes as well then.
I don't have a local supplier. I am a bit far north and in the sticks

here.
I got my fish food off eBay.
I am going to try and breed my own brine shrimp soon and feed them that

if
it works out.
They are all in good condition so I guess it won't hurt them to get fed

less
now that it is getting cooler weather.
Bindi.

Bindi, you want to take them off feed for a good month during the winter
regardless of temp. This fasting helps females absorb eggs that were not
spawned during the season, reducing egg impaction come spring. So, imo,
when you get into that frosty weather, chose that month for them to fast.

You can also feed, frozen thawed peas and oranges. Easily digested and

high
in Vit. C. ~ jan :-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us