Old 04-05-2007, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Buckwheat

On Fri, 04 May 2007 09:25:48 +0200, Tim C.
wrote:

Following up to "R" :

"Herman" wrote in message
I am thinking of sowing some buckwheat to use as a green manure crop. Does
anyone know any do's or don'ts? Thanks Herman

http://www.browfarmwheatproducts.co.uk/wheatgrass.htm

but but but .... buckwheat isn't a grass, let alone a sort of wheat.

This is the buckwheat I grow; nothing to do with wheatgrasss.
http://tinyurl.com/2vvo3y
Pity they do not give the Latin name, so I do not know which one it is
in the Plants for a Future list.....
http://www.pfaf.org/database/search_...AMES=buckwheat

Searching Google images brings up a wide variety of pictures.
Maybe other plants are known as buckwheat in USA and Canada.

Pam in Bristol