Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Hunt Roger Hunt is offline

Default Frogs again.

Carol Hague wrote
Roger Hunt wrote:
Malcolm wrote

When we moved here, I dug a pond, brought in frog
spawn for the necessary three years and have had breeding frogs ever
since.

Toads are more site faithful, however.

I am lucky enough to have slow-worms in my garden. And frogs & toads.
:-)

envy

But it's probably just as well we haven't got them here as the cats
wouldn't be kind to them :-(

The local cats have a few I'm sure, but I think they are naturally more
interested in furryfeathery creatures rather than amphibireptiles.
I could do with a pet hedgehog for the allotment :-)

I wonder what sort of thing makes it attractive for them, to induce them
to stick around, apart from food? Hidey-holes? Piles of leaves? A good
book? I don't know.
--
Roger Hunt