Old 04-05-2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Darren needs help with an air leak in his system - I MADE IT!

On Thu, 3 May 2007 23:02:05 CST, "Darren"
wrote:

Currently, I use a PVC "collar" type fitting. Sorry - long tired day, so I
can't remember it and can't seem to find it online. But it basically is a
threaded PVC pipe that allows you to take your pump out etc without gluing
up PVC pipe to it. The bad thing is that if you tighten too much it leaks
... tighten too little it leaks. It is hard to tighten because it gets
slippery etc.

Teflon tape cures leaking through the thread.

Regards,

Hal