Old 28-03-2003, 09:56 PM
ande

Default advice needed for spring cleaning

I have a small pond that I started last summer. It's mainly a wildlife pond
for frogs and toads. I have 6 plain goldfish and frogs that hibernated
over the winter. The frogs are waking up and sitting around the pond
lately. The water is really clear and I can see some leaves and junk on the
bottom. I would like to clean it out but I wasn't sure if I should wait
until the weather warms a little more (in the 70's during the day now). I
was not sure if I would stress the fish or disturb the frogs. There is also
some small (about half inch) worm looking things that are attached to the
insides of the pond and on the filter basket and submersed fountain nozzle.
Anyone seen this type of thing? They don't seem to be moving but they creep
me out! I don't know if they are bad or if I should scrub the pond. Any
advice?