Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default White snake

On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:57:17 -0700, CptDondo
wrote:

Persephone wrote:

Snake showed up again, this time in back yard. My housemate wanted to
catch it but I was worried about liability in case...

This time Animal Control came promptly and caged it. Officer told me
it was an Albino Corn Snake.

Well, I hope they don't kill it. They're too pretty and besides,
they're valuable - a nice healthy albino (amelanistic) corn snake can
fetch as much as $150.

NOW you tell me! g

Maybe I'll call the Animal Shelter, just out of curiosity, to see what
they do/did with it. (I'm not about go go into the Albino Corn Snake
business!)

On another note, please don't kill snakes out of turn. They don't do
any harm to you, and keep rodents in check.

You're right, and I was wrong to panic before identifying the snake
and making sure it wasn't harmful. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Persephone