Old 04-05-2007, 08:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Mr. McDonald~ ~Mr. McDonald~ is offline

Default Several pond-related questions

Phosphate........is what it is n the aquarium (both FW and SW) that is
responsible for it, and the majority of removers and dedicated algae
reducers / killers all target phosphate so my uneducated guess would
be phosphate....its not any particular type of algae that its
responsible for but algae is going to grow the most prevalenet
strain that its environment is best suited for......I read somewhere
that algae can actualy morph into various types with just minute
changes that may alter its spores / cells......

On Fri, 4 May 2007 10:41:37 -0500, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

"how" wrote in message
1) String algae in a 50 gallon pond is an easy fix. Get a toilet brush or
something similar and remove most or it. String algae will aid in water
clarity so leave some. Any fish in this pond?
Can you point out the nutrient most responsible for hair algae?

-------