Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Several pond-related questions

"~Mr. McDonald~" wrote in message

Phosphate........is what it is n the aquarium (both FW and SW) that is
responsible for it, and the majority of removers and dedicated algae
reducers / killers all target phosphate so my uneducated guess would
be phosphate....its not any particular type of algae that its
responsible for but algae is going to grow the most prevalenet
strain that its environment is best suited for......I read somewhere
that algae can actualy morph into various types with just minute
changes that may alter its spores / cells......

Very interesting, thanks. I think I'll add more water lettuce to the 150g
tank with this ugly hair algae. The hair algae seems to compete well with
the other plants. Maybe I'll just overwhelm it with shade and competitive
plants.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.