Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 PM posted to austin.gardening
charliekilo charliekilo is offline

Default Deer Food...who woould have thought

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article .net,
"Dave" wrote:

"charliekilo" wrote in message
t...
So, Saturday night I threw a big bash for my wife's birthday and we
were
left with a large bowl of lemon and lime quarters which were to be used
for water and drinks. The next morning, I decided instead of keeping
them
in the fridge to dry-out and rot, I would just throw them in the yard
naturally decompose. It wasn't more than 5 minutes and there were two
does
out in the yard gobbling them up, peel and all. Thirty minutes later,
all
were gone. I would have never guessed that deer (and these are fat &
happy
deer) would eat citrus.

Stock clerk at local Dollar General said one customer came in and bought
12
22 lb bags of dry dog food (3 bucks a bag, cheapest available there).
He
said the customer said they feed it to the deer.

Certainly more nutritious than deer corn!
--
Peace, Om

We had a kitten last year that passed away from the horrible FIP viral
infection and I put our her remaining dry Science Diet kitten food for the
deer -- it was like they couldn't eat it fast enough.