Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default oil tank for water storage

On 3 May, 23:55, "Dave Liquorice" wrote:
On Thu, 3 May 2007 22:49:00 +0100, brian mitchell wrote:
Personally, I'd get rid of it and look around for a 1000l carboy made
of nylon/plastic and se that in place of it

What are these, and where might they be found?

Normally a cube roughly 1m a side (odd that for 1000l...) made from
translucent poly-something. Fitted inside a galavanised metal frame to
protect them and allow stacking/fork lifting. For water storage the
translucence is a PITa as it allows light in and thus algae to grow...

They are often available second hand, in fact I think there are a few
companies that deal in them as their business. Previous contents can be,
erm, interesting anything from noxious chemicals to orange juice.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

You could always take an angle grinder to the top and remove most of
it, then line the tank with heavy duty plastic.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries