Old 05-05-2007, 06:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default First crop picked...........

In article . net,
"Dave" wrote:

"Manelli Family" wrote in message
We had our first greens from the garden tonight; fresh young collards!
The Swiss chard will be the next greens. They get cooked with olive oil
and browned garlic. And no fear of e-coli or toxic poisons on any of it.

Why would collards have E-coli?

This is an allusion to a problem with fresh spinach from California,
that had been infected with contaminated water.
http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...fornia-spinach
-farms.html
No excrement, no e.coli. 'nuff said. Uh, however, to be on the safe
side, when you cook a hamburger, be sure it is brown or grey on the
inside, when you serve it (not pink). Otherwise, don't worry about it
and chow down. Courtesy of the USDA.

- Bill

Can I have a garden burger, well done?