Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_2_] Manelli Family[_2_] is offline

Default Vandas and Spanish Moss

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Some of ours have Spanish moss around the roots, others not. Personally, I
think the biggest benefit of the moss is that it enhances the overall look
of the plant. I don't see any difference in growth. Like Al, I have a huge
curvifolium covered at the base with the stuff. It looks great. We use no
media at all for our Vandas.

How then do you water and fertilize them? Do you take them down and dunk
them in a bucket of water?