Old 05-05-2007, 03:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Old bags of weed and feed

ricknielsenshat wrote:
Hi-

I have severaly dandelions in my yard and wanted to know if using weed
and feed would kill them.

Depends on the herbicide in the bag. If it contains the chemical
2,4,D, it's supposed kill broadleaf weeds that are several inched
high. If it contains the chemical Atrazine, it's supposed to prevent
weed seed from sprouting. So if your weed & feed has 2,4,D, it should
kill the dandelions.

The bag has been in my garage for a couple years...so is it ok to use an old bag.

Yes

Also, is it ok to use old grass seed?

Yes, but expect a low germination rate.

Red