Old 05-05-2007, 03:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Max[_3_] Max[_3_] is offline

Default Cox ride-on mower throws belts.

len garden wrote:
g'day max,

best advice i can give is "don't buy it".

honestly that much money for any cox mower is a bit much, there are
better makes out there.

he also should have gotten cox to fix the problem while it was under
warranty.

On Fri, 04 May 2007 17:42:35 +1000, Max wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

G'day Len.

Yes well, that's probably pretty good advice, and I was wondering why he
didn't get Cox on to it straight away myself.

I thought Cox was one of the better brands, what would you say were the
most durable for a large block? We have about 5 and a half acres of
fairly flat land but it's a bit lumpy with rocks here and there.

This block was deep ripped about 20 years ago, which brought a lot of
rocks to the surface. The fella who owned it grew pumpkins on it one
year, but the council stopped him after that. It's pretty good black
soil on clay and basalt, and nearly everything we plant does really
well. Except stuff that doesn't like wet feet. The last wet season
killed a few things, as the soil holds water below about a foot down.

We have mowed most of the block, first with a whipper-snipper then with
a push mower, and moved most of the rocks that we could lift or roll, to
the base of the trees. I think I would be welding some sort of bull bar
onto the front of any ride on we bought. :-)

Thanks for your reply Len.
-Max