Old 05-05-2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Walmart has Batik Iris

On Fri, 4 May 2007 22:13:41 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

Normally I wouldn't recommend Walmart for much but we had this Iris pop up
unexpectedly in our garden a couple of years ago (still don't know where it
came from) and it is *gorgeous*. Walmart is selling them 3 roots for 5.97.

To see it, go to:
http://community.webshots.com/user/deerhnd and look at the second photo in
the Plant and Gardens (first) folder. I *love love love* this Iris.

It's growing like crazy, too, and it blooms beautifully. I'm going to be
able to divide my original clump this year and make more.

I bought them several years ago, they've needed dividing twice and
they are now everywhere on my property. They rapidly produce rhizomes
and are beautiful. People have knocked on my door asking what they
were!