Old 05-05-2007, 03:25 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Jim Lewis Jim Lewis is offline

Default A long branch - what to do with it

Nick Cramer wrote:
wrote:
I have a recenty bought bonsai (Chinese Elm, c. 6 years old) which as
well as the normal crown has this year grown a single very long branch
(well, okay, it isn't exactly fat enough to be called a branch yet,
but still), which reaches to the floor. I suppose the normal thing to
do would be to remove it when pruning to shape? Is there anything more
imginative I could do with it instead? I know, it is difficult to tell
without seeing it, and I haven't seen any style in which such a single
branch would fit, I'm just wondering if anyone with more ideas and
experience than me wants to make some suggestions before I attack it
with pruning shears :-)

Could you post a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens ?

Better yet, go to
www.internetbonsaiclub.org, click on galleries,
register, then post the picture there (after reading the "Picture
Posting Guidelines" at the head of the Potensai gallery. ou'll
have LOTS of help available to you there.

Jim Lewis - - Columbus, NC - It is our earth,
not yours or mine or his. We are meant to live on it, helping
each other, not destroying each other. - J. Krishnamurti