Old 05-05-2007, 03:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Darren needs help with an air leak in his system - I MADE IT!

On Fri, 4 May 2007 12:36:37 CST, "Darren"
wrote:

For some reason, I thought you weren't supposed to use teflon tape when
dealing with threaded PVC piping ...

I'm not aware of any. A quick look did find a comment not to use
Teflon tape in PVC pipe joints, not threads. I don't glue my pump in
place, but simply slip the pipe joints together so they will come
apart for cleaning. I do wipe a finger of sandstone dust on the
(Actually ABS instead of PVC.) pipe before inserting it into the
mating part so the plastic takes the abrasive charge and provides some
friction to hold the parts together. Teflon wouldn't work here, but
it would make it easy to take apart.

Regards,

Hal