Old 06-05-2007, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Stan Goodman Stan Goodman is offline

Default Growing garlic

On Sun, 6 May 2007 01:08:21 UTC, Steve Calvin
opined:

I wouldn't plant anything from the stores personally. Most
often they have softneck, which if you we don't care for.
But that's just us.

Elephant "garlic", it not garlic. It's a member of the lily
family. While people use it as garlic, it isn't.

I'm confused, am I reading you correctly?. It (Alium Ampeloprasum)
isn't a garlic (Alium) because it is a member of the lily family?
Would you like to expand on that?

--
Stan Goodman