Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Growing garlic

"Jimmy" wrote in message
. ..
I want to grow some garlic, but can I just use the elephant garlic I buy

at
the store and just plant the cloves or do I have to do something

different?
Never seen garlic plants or anything garlic at the garden centers. In zone
5.

I went to my local farmers market this morning and bought some elephant
cloves that had just started to put out roots. They are going in the garden.
The grower is local. I also got some standard garlic that is almost ready.
Check out local fresh suppliers of garlic.

rob