Old 06-05-2007, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Stachyurus

On 6/5/07 14:19, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

I bought one and it is NOT happy. It seems to be terribly, and I
mean TERRIBLY, sensitive to drying winds. That was one of the thing
that I attempted to check, but none of my books or the Web hinted
at it.

Is it a known problem?

Nick, a friend/customer of ours grows this in her garden which has to be one
of the windiest spots I've ever encountered. And she's given some to us
which is ditto, at times. OTOH, she has a walled garden as part of her
garden, so I'm going to ask her where she grows it. If I can contact her,
I'll let you know.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk