Old 28-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] evil squirrels!

Can you imagine your average 21st century teenager excited at

seeing a
squirrel? Must be because although we named her Hazel as in

the 'Chief
Rabbit' of Richard Adams 'Watership Down' (sad, aren't we!),

she was
brought up on and her nickname is 'Nutkin' for Beatrix Potter's

Squirrel
Nutkin. So I've had to tell her that squirrels are bad news to

bonsai:
we're hoping that because its only a few feet from the house

Mr. and
Mrs. Nutkin will keep their distance.

So : what precautions do you take against the tree rats??

Yes. Unfortunately. Today, most of the world seems to be
totally divorced from nature.

However, ONE squirrel is not a threat to bonsai. Even two or
three aren't. In actual fact, squirrels are a nuisance, but will
seldom do severe damage to a bonsai -- given anything else in the
neighborhood to eat.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --