Old 07-05-2007, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default Sunflowers have sprouted!

I'm so happy. I just glanced at the shelf I have the first 5 I planted on,
and they had all sprouted. Well pretty much, they're not straight up yet,
one's still half bent over, and one is almost through the dirt, but good
enough for me! I bought an already grown miniature sunflower last year, and
the dogs decided to use it for a chewtoy. My animals(whether it be the dogs
or the chickens or the bunnies or the geese) are not plant friendly. At
least Joxer(my cat) hasn't bothered them. But he doesn't go outside anymore.
Oh he acts like he wants to, and whines/meows by the door for me to let him
out, but once I open the door, he turns and runs back in the house.