Old 08-05-2007, 12:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] Mr.E@totally.invalid is offline

Default House Advances Ammonium Nitrate Bill

On 5 May 2007 08:20:49 -0700, Red wrote:

Moe wrote:
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/85/i19/8519news1.html

Absolute idocy.
Imagine the lines to register for lawn fertilizer on a spring Saturday.

The police state mentality has got to go.

It applies to ammonium nitrate only, not all lawn fertilizers. As
usual, the reporter wrote for sensationalism while leaving out
pertinant facts. As I understand the bill, it would apply to bulk
purchases such as a farmer would buy. It would not apply to the few
bags that a homeowner would buy.

As to mentality of the bill, it makes little sense since ammonium
nitrate is only half the ingredients. It has to be soaked with diesel
fuel or kerosene. Why not regulate those fuels also? Because they can
afford to **** off a few farmers rather than a whole lot of truckers.
So this is a political "feel good" bill that does nothing.

We need to make some of these political idiots "feel bad" by voting
their worthless carcasses out of office.
--
Mr.E