Old 08-05-2007, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Worm castings as top dressing

On Sun, 06 May 2007 18:27:38 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Some of my veggie patch has bare dirt that dries out fast.
I don't have enough home-made compost to do much,
so wondered if anybody had experience using worm castings
as top dressing. I have quite a bit of that left over.

TIA

Persephone

How much is "quite a bit?" That is a very expensive mulch if you ask
me. You can definitely use it for your purpose, but it will also dry
out and form a crust.