Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Worm castings as top dressing

In article ,
Ann wrote:

William Rose expounded:

My gardening book recommends against starting corn
inside. Any idea why?

It doesn't transplant well. I've read in other gardening books to
start them in peat pots (tear off the tops before planting so they
don't wick water from the rootball). People do this to get a jump on
the season, especially if it's been cold and damp. I've never
bothered, I just start them in the ground once it gets warm enough.

Expounded!!!!? Observed or, noted or, remarked, maybe, but expounded?
Yawn. Time to go garden in my dreams. Tomorrow are 6 more peas, another
Sugar Baby watermelon, maybe 4 mammoth sunflowers, basil into pots and,
more tilling but this time in the shade.

- Bill
z-z-z-z-z