Old 29-03-2003, 12:20 AM
cc0058529

Default first orchid

Fred Garvin, aren't you the "male prostitute" LOL...
Thanks alot. I immediately got my Phal out of the sunny area, and printed
the rest of your advise.
"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:31:24 -0500, cc0058529 wrote:

Just bought my first orchid. (Aren't you all excited? It said this

on
the marker. DTPS Chia Hua Horn x Pha? Donsan Fancy. Does this mean
anything to anybody?
My question is this. It's in full bloom now, and being an orchid virgin
I don't know how to make it re-bloom. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your Phal! Moderate light, no direct sun. Feed every other
watering with a half strength solution of orchid food.

Keep the plant OUT of sunlight at all times. Flowers will last a LONG TIME
in low to medium light, slightly cool nightime temps.

After all the blooms die and you've cut them all off you can try cutting
just above a node where there was a flower, cut just about the 1st or
second node from the bottom of where there were flowers, not the top end.
Often a new spike will branch out. Some people just leave the spike alone
and a new spike will form, or not. Some people cut the spike down to let
the plant build up energy for next years flowers. I say experiemnt! You
never know WHAT these things will do next! Enjoy!!!!!